Fall Prairie Quilt Guild Retreat
What: RETREAT – IT’S PARTY TIME!
When: September 26-30, 2023 (Tuesday through Saturday)
Where: The Hive (think Beehive Quilt Shop),
704 N. Washington, Wellington, KS 67152
So, as you know by now, Prairie Quilt Guild-sponsored retreat is coming up. You will find a registration form on the PQGKS website. Remember, “The Hive” has the following benefits:
1. It is a newish location for most to attend a retreat.
2. It is a beautiful place well equipped for a retreat.
3. The amenities are great — including real twin beds with regular mattresses and not bunk beds with a “hard as a rock” mattress.
4. The Hive furnishes bedding and towels for our use, so we don’t need to bring our own (except for a few items and incidentals).
5. The “no frills” costs involved.
6. We don’t need as many attendees so hopefully cancellation will not be an issue because of numbers.
Just a note/reminder regarding costs:
The Hive has made its location affordable to everyone. Your cost per attendee is $180.00 for all days; you can also hold your space at the retreat with a non-refundable deposit of $30.00. Please remember that although this is a guild-sponsored event, it is self-sustaining, meaning that we must (hopefully) balance out to $000 once the retreat is complete.
Please read all the information provided both here and on the PQGKS website, download a registration form, and either mail it to me (address in the directory) or bring it to an afternoon guild meeting along with your deposit or payment in full.
I do hope this answers what questions you might have, but if you do have further questions, please contact me either by email or at the upcoming July, August, and/or September meetings.
See you at the guild meetings!
Donna Loehr, Retreat Chair
Info about The Hive
2023 September Retreat Registration Form
September 4: Labor Day
September 6: Read a Book Day! Have you visited the PQG Library lately?
September 9: QOV–Sew in Day
September 12: Prairie Quilt Guild Meeting–Sherrie Olson, “Daughter of Kate.”
September 16: National Jelly Roll Day (Yes…the sewing type!)
September 26-30: Prairie Quilt Guild Fall Retreat–The Hive
Make sure to bring $$ to sign up for workshops, retreats, bus trips, and fun things our speaker might have to offer. Plus, you never know what might pop up at the Charity Quilt table for a donation!