TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 11th
1-3 p.m. | 7-9 p.m.
September 2018 Program
Cynthia is an international fiber artist, pattern designer and author. She is known for the technique she developed called “Picture Piecing”. One of her quilts, “Piece and Quiet” was distinguished as one of “The Twentieth Century’s Best Quilts.” She has received many awards for her work; including many Best of Show awards at the prestigious International Quilt Festival.
You may see this quilt at the link above. This prestigious list was the result of “The Ultimate Quilt Search” which was a collaboration of 4 non-profit quilting organizations: The Alliance for American Quilts, The American Quilt Study Group, the International Quilt Association, and the National Quilting Association. The special magazine “The Twentieth Century’s Best American Quilts” was produced by Primedia Special Interest Publications to commemorate these great quilts.
Here’s what 2 well-known quilting authors had to say about Cynthia’s book:
“I have always admired Cynthia’s quilts for their artistry and attention to detail. This book shows the same qualities. It is full of information and a pure visual delight!” — Libby Lehman
“It is our good fortune to have Cynthia England share her techniques, and magnificent quilts in this adventure-packed book. Scrumptious quilts, scores of instructional visuals, and wonderful tips fill the pages.” — Joen Wolfrom
Cynthia’s credentials include:
• Graduate of The Art Institute of Houston, 1982
• Staff Artist for Petroleum Management magazine, 1981-1986
• Quilt Teacher and Lecturer since 1993
• Quilt Judge since 1998
• Guest on HGTV’s Simply Quilts, episode 655, fall 2000
• Guest on Kaye’s Quilting Friends, episode 1400, December 2000
• Guest on The Quilt Show, Episode #610, May 2010
• Guest on American Patchwork & Quilting Radio Show, February 2013